Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Medicaid Communications Manager (211064)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 16, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Medicaid Communications Manager opening in Topeka. This position conducts research to develop and edit publications such as news releases, newsletters, fact sheets, brochures and mass emails, among others, related to Medicaid. This often requires liaison work between/among agency staff and counterparts from other agencies/organizations. Maintains knowledge of statewide agency programs and operations.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Keep up-to-date information on the KDHE and KanCare website and social media account pages. This includes developing content and material specific to Medicaid before providing it to the Digital Director. Assists in maintaining KDHE’s social media accounts by making use of proper tone and visual content required to communicate with these audiences.
Assists the Communications Director/Deputy Communications Director and the leadership of Division of Health Care Finance in developing and implementing proactive and reactive communications strategies, including direct public communication, earned media and advertisements.
• 1-2 years of marketing, communications experience
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $22.16 to $26.98