Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
- Kansas Democratic Party
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 06, 2023Open
About the Position:
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is looking for a skilled, versatile professional to fill the full-time role of Communications Manager. This person will report directly to the KDP Executive Director and work closely with the Chair, KDP staff, and political allies.
- Work closely with State Party staff and maintain strong relationships with in-state allies to create and execute strategic communications.
- Draft press releases, op-eds, events, rapid response, etc. and identify opportunities for earned media.
- Monitor, manage, and publish social media posts and website updates; effectively share social posts from Kansas Democratic elected officials.
- Monitor in-state and national media for important developments.
- Use good political judgement and message discipline.
- Maintain accurate and updated press list.
- Coordinate with digital fundraising team to execute digital fundraising operation, including potentially drafting and sending email blasts.
- Prepare Party Chair, Executive Director, surrogates, and others for interviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Highly Qualified Candidates will have:
- Excellent written, verbal, initiative, and analytical skills.
- Previous communication (ideally political communication) experience utilizing some or many of the responsibilities described above, or relatable skills.
- Experience with graphic design, InDesign, NGP VAN, Canva, WordPress and/or HTML, etc.
- Experience working effectively with a team and with outside stakeholders, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while effectively meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage up and manage across.
- Growth mindset, coachable, and willing to take and give constructive feedback.
- Prior lived and/or professional experience in Kansas. (Must be willing to live in Kansas.)
- Knowledge of and experience with rural communities.
- High attention to detail.
- Be a team player.
- Lead with integrity and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Applicants should email a resume, one writing sample of your choice, and two professional references. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis.
$ $48,000 to $55,000