Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
- Kansas Department of Administration
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 25, 2023Closed
The Office of Financial Management (OFM) has responsibility for the following functions and is comprised of the following teams: Budget team, Fiscal Services Team, State Agency Service Center, State equipment lease purchase program, and Statewide Cost Allocation Plan. The OFM serves as the central budgeting office and provides accounting services for all offices in the Department of Administration and operates a service center that provides accounting and financial management services for agencies.
The Service Center Accountant provides accounting and financial services in the State Agency Service Center for an assigned group of agencies to function as their agency accountant. The Service Center Accountant is knowledgeable of the agency’s operations and financial management and must know the statutory responsibilities of the agencies they serve.
Primary duties and responsibilities assigned to the Accountant position includes the following:
- Providing accounting and financial services, including entering contracts, creating requisitions and payments; entering assets, deposits, employee reimbursements, general ledger entries, reconciling procurement card transactions and travel and expenses.
- Resolve problems with assigned agency personnel and other professional and support staff within the Office of Financial Management on unusual payment related issues; application of laws, regulations, and policies; consult on payment issues.
- Develop, prepare, and analyze data in SMART and provide reports to executive managers of agencies they serve. Originates funding scenarios and requests, reviews results, assess the need for adjustment and completes necessary adjusting transactions, and prepares reports for grant tracking, federal funding, and related state requirements.
- Three years of experience in professional accounting/auditing work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the State of Kansas application through the Careers portal.
Kim Warren, [email protected]
$ $25.00 to $28.00