Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Administrative Specialist (210311)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 07, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has an Administrative Specialist opening in Topeka. This Administrative Specialist position is located in the KDHE Storage Tank Section (STS). The STS regulates large tanks which contain refined petroleum products at gas stations. This position oversees the Trust Fund and Redevelopment Fund Applications review and approval process, maintains the progression of applications in the database, and multiple clerical support duties. Performance of this position includes good communication and organizational skills, and the ability to manage many tasks at the same time. Once hired, there are various training opportunities to assist in skill development.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for reviewing Kansas Petroleum Storage Tank Release Trust Fund Applications. Responsible for reviewing and approving Kansas UST Property Redevelopment Fund Applications.
Provides telephone support to the section during assigned periods. This includes answering the overflow phones and ensuring messages are relayed to the appropriate personnel.
Responsible for distributing Time & Materials documents and inputting data into the KEIMS database. Responsible for maintaining the Time & Materials and LUST files.
- Two years of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (210311) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $15.03 to $16.56