Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Assistant General Counsel
- Kansas Corporation Commission
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 05, 2023Open
Attorneys in the Office of General Counsel are expected to be designated Special Assistant
Attorney Generals, and defend the Commission in state and federal court.
The Assistant General Counsel’s job responsibilities may include but are not limited to the
- Advises the Commissioners on pending KCC proceedings and legal issues;
Prepares memoranda and proposed orders to advise or reflect the KCC’s decision.
- Proposed orders include findings of fact and conclusions of law that determine issues placed
before the KCC by public utilities, oil and gas operators, and motor carriers, including
telecommunications, electric, natural gas, conservation, transportation and common carrier
- Education: Degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensing & Certification: Licensed and in good standing with the Bar of the Supreme Court of Kansas at the time of
- At least three (3) years of practice experience.
- Candidates must be qualified for admission to practice in the U.S. District Court of Kansas.
- Judicial clerkship and law journal experience preferred.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Complete an online application at job.ks.gov Include a cover letter, resume,
transcripts, and references.
Contact Information: Sandra Rak, Recruiter 785 271-3136
$ 65,000 to 75,000