Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
back to capitol job search
Associate Director – Public Policy
- Indiana Farm Bureau
- Indianapolis (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 22, 2023Closed
We are looking for someone who can:
- Establish and maintain regular contact and build relationships with members of the Indiana General Assembly and their staff, keeping them abreast of current agricultural and rural issues relating to INFB policy.
- Develop and maintain an effective strategy, including research, for INFB that has an impact on public policy and shifts decision-makers towards Farm Bureau-supported policies and new ideas.
- Monitor developments on state and local issues affecting agriculture and rural communities.
- Analyze proposed administrative and legislative actions as to their actual or prospective impact on the agricultural industry and assist in the development of positions on local and state proposals.
- Recommend actions to be taken and take actions necessary to make the organization’s position known to governmental agencies and the General Assembly.
- Implementing a coordinated and strategic advocacy plan for Indiana Farm Bureau through the preparation and promotion of policies that are developed by our grassroots process.
Requirements for success:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience with a preference for that in agriculture or public affairs space.
- A knowledge and interest in environment, natural resources, and energy policy.
- Ability to work with and support other team members within the Public Policy Team and those across the organization.
- Comfort in working with members, elected, and appointed officials of all political parties.
- Ability to set priorities; exercise initiative and judgment in making decisions. Be a problem solver and assist others in solving issues.
- Dedication to establishing and maintaining effective relationships and developing trust and respect. Easy to approach and talk to, sensitive to, and patient with interpersonal anxieties of others.
- Effective communicator both in written and in presentation style to both internal and external
- Ability to command attention, manage group processes, and change tactics midstream.
- Sense of self-direction, self-motivation, and the ability to plan and organize.
- Capability to work a flexible schedule and ability to attend INFB, AFBF, and agricultural-related functions.
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria, and a fitness center.
- A flexible/hybrid work schedule.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- A collegial team-focused environment.
- An organization that values work/life balance.
- An industry-leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, and a companywide incentive plan.
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment.