Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
- Kansas Corporation Commission
- Topeka (Full-time)
Posted: Jun 30, 2023Closed
The person in this position will participate in staff investigations of electric, gas, telephone and
Staff investigations include:
- The determination of the appropriate amount of revenue a utility should be allowed to earn.
- Review of fuel clauses and other surcharges.
- Review of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Review of the financial condition of utilities.
- In order to perform investigations, the Auditor will conduct on-site and in-office reviews of complex financial information.
- In order to support conclusions, the Auditor will prepare written and oral testimony and supporting documentation to be presented at Commission hearings.
Significant internal and external training and support is offered to assist this entry-level position.
In-state travel is limited, and out of state travel is typically related to national training seminars, a few times per year.
Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
- Prior audit or relevant accounting experience preferred, but not required.
Application Deadline : Open until filled
How to Apply: Complete an online application at job.ks.gov Include a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and references.
Contact Information: Sandra Rak, Recruiter 785 271-3136
$ 45,000 to 55,000