Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Banking Financial Examiner
- Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Wichita (Hybrid)
Posted: Jun 30, 2023Closed
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Office of The State Bank Commissioner (OSBC) has a position opening for a Banking Financial Examiner. This position will be allowed remote work when they are not examining a financial institution or needed at the Wichita, Kansas, field office for meetings. This position will work primarily in the southern third of Kansas. The agency desires a candidate willing to be trained and developed from an entry-level position to learn the entire examination process. Candidates with loan officer or credit (loan) analyst experience are encouraged to apply; however, all levels of experience will be considered. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- The responsibilities of the Banking Financial Examiner position include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of required bank examination training courses (internal and external)
- Participating in bank examinations to assess the safety and soundness of the institution.
- Analyzing/reviewing bank reports and financial data for accuracy
- Preparing written comments for bank reports that relay examination findings to bank management.
- Maintaining knowledge of Kansas and Federal banking laws.
- Presenting examination findings verbally to bank management, Examiners-in-Charge, and other OSBC staff.
- Becoming familiar with software used to prepare reports of examination.
- Acquiring knowledge and learning techniques to conduct Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and/or Information Technology examinations.
- A four-year college degree, preferably in a business-related field of study (college transcripts required.)
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel overnight. (Overnight travel to examinations and training is not expected to exceed 20 percent.)
- Candidate resides in SW Kansas.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements
- Valid State of Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate is required in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. Each applicant (even non-KS residents) must apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate within 10 days from the date of their job offer.
- Completion of a background and credit check.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Everyone must apply online through the state’s Careers portal at http://jobs.ks.gov and follow the online directions for required documents, etc.
Contact: Cheryl Butler @ [email protected]