Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Business Development Manager
- State Affairs
- Topeka (Full-Time, Hybrid)
Posted: Jan 08, 2024Closed
State Affairs – the premier intelligence platform built to serve state government insiders – is seeking a Business Development Manager for its Topeka, KS office. This individual will utilize a deep connection to the people and issues that drive the Kansas Statehouse community to develop business prospects for State Affairs advertising and subscription services. This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow subscriber base and advertising book to reach and exceed revenue goals
- Be the primary external face of State Affairs Pro in the Kansas market, driving increased awareness, perception, and consideration for its advertising and subscription services
- Utilize an ingrained knowledge of the Kansas political and policy space to draft thoughtful, strategic outreach and correspondence to prospective external partners
- Foster meaningful relationships with key decision-makers in and around the statehouse community to identify business opportunities and earn partnership consideration
- Demonstrate a consistent understanding of the legislative landscape in the Kansas statehouse as a means of identifying target prospects and earning trust with core customer segments
- Produce and continually update a complete target list of prospective customers across both public and private sectors to define State Affairs addressable market in Kansas
- Gather and relay market feedback as a means of driving product improvements and community relationships
- Relentlessly advocate for State Affairs’ mission and services with external stakeholders to position State Affairs as an essential and indispensable partner
- Proactively build the State Affairs brand and network in the Topeka community through meetings, event participation, entertainment, and thought leadership opportunities
- Proven record of success working in an outcomes-driven business environment like sales or lobbying
- Experience working in a position in, with, or related to government or policy
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of and interest in state government, politics, and policy
- A well-established network in the Kansas statehouse community
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Hunger, work ethic, and self-motivation required to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
About State Affairs:
State Affairs aims to empower state policy professionals and government leaders by building the leading all-in-one state policy intelligence service. Our Pro subscription delivers essential news and reporting tailored to state capitol communities alongside a suite of cutting-edge tools for policy insiders like real-time bill tracking and alerts, legislative directories, calendars and schedules, advocacy tools, and more.
We endeavor to be the platform in the increasingly important and influential space of state politics and policy.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and details about why you can be successful in this role to [email protected].