Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Business Systems Analyst
- Kansas Corporation Commission
- Wichita (Full-time)
Posted: Jul 05, 2023Closed
The Business Analyst will identify, define and document business processes and software requirements to be developed as software. This position will serve as a liaison between business and IT teams by facilitating communication and determining software objectives that align with stated and unstated business needs. The position will be located in the Conservation Main Office in Wichita, KS. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. We are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Understand technical options, limitations, costs, and risks. Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions, and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including business case documentation, scope documentation, and process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Review delivery team output to ensure requirements are correctly interpreted; define and execute test cases.
- Document current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship to junior-level analysts.
Skills and Competencies:
Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations and policies of a new business area.
Strong problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
Experience creating documentation such as business case documentation or business requirements summaries.
Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
Experience with agile development methodologies and agile planning tools such as Jira.
Successful completion of 24 hours in computer science coursework or certification and three years’ experience in system integration, business requirements gathering and project implementations in addition to demonstrated knowledge of relational database systems and concepts.
Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira or other project reporting software, interface integrations and security principles.
Education may be substituted for experience as determined by the Agency.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Complete an online application at job.ks.gov Include a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and references.
Contact Information: Sandra Rak, Recruiter 785 271-3136
$ 65,000 to 75,000