Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
- Kansas Department of Labor
- Topeka (Full-time)
Posted: Jun 30, 2023Open
The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) is seeking a highly organized and skilled professional to serve as the Executive Assistant to the Cabinet Secretary. In this pivotal role, you will provide comprehensive administrative support and ensure the smooth operation of the Office of the Secretary’s office. You will play a crucial part in facilitating effective communication, managing calendars, coordinating meetings and events, and handling confidential information with utmost discretion.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative Support: Provide high-level administrative support to the Cabinet Secretary, managing schedules, coordinating appointments, and preparing/editing correspondence and reports.
- Calendar Management: Maintain multiple calendars, ensuring accurate scheduling and minimizing conflicts. Coordinate logistics for meetings and events.
- Communication Liaison: Serve as the primary point of contact for stakeholders, professionally and effectively communicating on behalf of the Secretary.
- Meeting Coordination: Organize and coordinate meetings, including assembling agendas, preparing materials, taking minutes, and tracking action items.
- Information Management: Handle sensitive information with discretion, maintain organized filing systems (physical and electronic), and ensure easy retrieval of documents.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct research, summarize findings, prepare reports, and present data to support decision-making processes.
- Special Projects: Assist the Cabinet Secretary in special projects, initiatives, and events, collaborating with internal teams and external partners for successful execution.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in an executive support role, preferably supporting high-level executives or government officials.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional proofreading and editing abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant software applications.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, especially when handling confidential information.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Flexibility and adaptability to accommodate shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of labor-related issues and familiarity with government processes is a plus.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply:
Job Application Process
- First Sign in or register as a New User.
- Complete or update your contact information on the Careers> My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed below for the Careers> My Job Applications page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete:
Upload these on the Careers – My Job Applications page
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
- Tax Clearance required upon offer of employment
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov:
- “How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents”
- “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”