Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Children and Families Program Coordinator (209763)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 08, 2023Closed
The position (K0245155): Program Planning and Implementation: Assist in the implementation and coordination of program activities, ensuring alignment with program goals and objectives.
Stakeholder Engagement: Liaise with program stakeholders, including internal teams, external partners, and participants. Maintain regular communication to provide updates, gather feedback, and address any concerns or questions.
Budget and Resource Management: Support CARE program budgeting and resource allocation efforts. Track program expenses, review invoices, and assist in the procurement process. Monitor and report on budget utilization to ensure efficient resource allocation.
Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date program documentation, including project plans, progress reports, and participant records. Generate regular reports on program activities, outcomes, and metrics. Prepare presentations and materials as requested for various audiences to include stakeholders, agency leadership and legislative bodies.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Provide administrative support to the program team, including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and managing program-related correspondence. Assist with record-keeping, file management, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Event Coordination: Organize and coordinate program events, workshops, and meetings. Assist in logistical arrangements, including venue selection, catering, and participant registrations. Prepare event agendas, coordinate speakers, and manage event logistics.
- Six months of experience in planning, implementing and monitoring activities relevant
- To the agency’s programs. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences etc.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- Familiarity with fiscal or budget management processes/systems
- Proven experience in program coordination, project management or related roles
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (209763) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $17.39 to $20.13