Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Coordinator, Political Fund Development
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Indianapolis (Full-time, Hybrid)
Posted: Jun 29, 2023Open
Department: Political Affairs
Position Title: Coordinator, Political Fund Development
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Political Affairs & Foundation
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt (not overtime eligible)
The Political Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for organizing and executing fundraising programs for the Indiana Chamber’s non-partisan political affairs program and affiliated political action committee. This position will assist the Indiana Chamber leadership (staff and volunteers) in meeting fundraising objectives and managing donor relationships. Will be responsible for coordinating communications, recordkeeping and campaign finance reporting/compliance. Includes in-state PAC, federal PAC and “soft-dollar” efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President, CEO of the Indiana Chamber, members of the Board of Directors and committees on various fundraising projects.
- Coordinate various fundraising elements, including solicitations/invoices, events, communications, call lists, follow-ups and other fundraising projects.
- Develop, organize and execute fundraising projects with political affairs and Chamber team.
- Research political contribution records, tracking activities and developing analyses.
- Maintain PAC financial records, and manage state and federal campaign finance filings.
- Develop written, email and web fundraising communications; web page and social media projects
- Participate in one-on-one fundraising visits and calls with investors and prospects.
- Assist some endorsed candidates in developing and conducting fundraising initiatives.
- Other field work with select endorsed candidates, as needed and assigned.
Other duties as assigned and as necessary by supervisor.
- College degree required.
- Fundraising and development experience is an advantage, but is not required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizing skills.
- Successful candidates will be detail oriented, have strong written and spoken communicators, and able to manage projects and follow-throughs to completion.
- Basic computer, data analysis and digital/social communication skills is a plus.
- Must have solid personal management skills, including consistent and punctual attendance and completion of tasks at headquarters and on field assignments.
Incumbent has no direct reports, and therefore has no supervisory responsibilities.
Personal Work Relationships:
Ability to work cooperatively, professionally and effectively with others (internal and external) is
essential. Daily contact with those in the department, others in the Chamber, board of directors, trade
associations and members required.
Office environments, standing, sitting, lifting between 10-25 lbs., walking for extended periods of time,
speaking, hearing. Some travel, including overnight and short-term out-of-office assignments, is
$ 45000 to 65000