Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Customer Service Representative (210860)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 01, 2023Closed
About the Position:
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Customer Success Representative opening in Topeka. This position will answer complex telephone calls for the Office of Vital Statistics which are forwarded from the general information telephone system. Ask appropriate questions to direct calls to the proper unit and/or person within Vital Statistics. Respond to inquiries concerning requests for certified copies that have been previously made to this office by utilizing the audit trail and interpreting data recorded to determine if a transaction has been received and what action has been taken by this office. Make the decision to issue replacement copies. Give detailed instructions for the priority mail services and the use of the credit card billing service. Place calls to applicants to clarify eligibility to receive requested record(s). Determine when it is necessary to advise the applicant of the need to provide additional documentation and what type (additional ID, legal document, authorization releases, etc.) for this office to release the record. Maintain a detailed knowledge of Vital Statistics state statutes, regulations, rules, procedures, and office policies governing certificate issuance.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for the intake and accuracy of mailed in applications. Proofreads each received request to ensure proper coding. Responsibility of deciding what documentation is acceptable to properly finish each request. Responsible for deciding if the included funds are correct or if more funds are needed. Decide if all parts of the request are included, if not this position will contact each customer and indicate to the customer what documentation is needed to correctly complete the order.
Use computer to wand the invoice to record mail out information on the Vital Trak. Checks the request to make sure we have the correct number of copies requested and checks eligibility of recipient. Checks name, date, and place of event on certificate and compares it against the request. Places receipt, certificate and any original documents sent in with the request into envelope for mail out. Make copies of requests or forms as needed.
One year of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 1 year of experience in office support/clerical work.
- Experience with confidential information.
- Experience handling customers by phone.
- Mail room/mail sorting experience.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements:
- In accordance with K.S.A. 65-2402(b), any person offered a position of employment in the Office of Vital Statistics will be required to be fingerprinted and to submit to a state and national criminal history record check for the purpose of identification verification and the determination of the applicant’s eligibility to perform tasks within the Office of Vital Statistics.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Please include the Job ID number (210860) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
- Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $15.03 to $16.16