Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Data Analyst (207837)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 21, 2023Closed
The position (K0229781) The mission of Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) is to protect and improve the health and environment of all Kansans. As a part of that community vision our team organizes, summarizes and disseminates data to reveal trends and spikes in Kansas vital and health data that help the state, and its citizens make smart choices and live healthy sustainable lives. As a member of our team, you have the chance to impact the trajectory of our state, to lead the state in stewardship, and help the state adapt to change.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: Prepare and analyze data for ad hoc requests, reports, and briefs. Prepare and update the section’s annual Natality Report. Use SAS to perform data quality analyses and other analysis of vital statistics or hospital data. Recommend enhancements for analytical reporting. Perform ESSENCE queries as needed. Perform assigned data analyses, and report development. Training to utilize SAS or other analytical software to achieve results. Proof reports, analytical tables and other data products for errors, omissions, and misstatements. Coordinate with lead authors on report preparation. Manage and perform the compilation of individual components of reports and data products to assure links are active, pages numbered, and product is complete. Manage final report preparation, including coordination with agency graphic designer and key staff. Update longitudinal analytical data and tables created or used by the section, and create new longitudinal tables as needed.
- Education: High School, GED
- Licensing & Certification: Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Six months experience collecting/analyzing public health data or conducting/ supporting informatics projects. Education in health informatics, public health, epidemiology, or health policy may be substituted for the required experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Public Health, Public Health Informatics, Research, Economics, or related area.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- SAS programming
- Data analysis
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Report design, analysis, proofing, and preparation
- Scientific/technical documentation and writing
- R programming
- Six months experience with R
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with report design, analysis, proofing, and preparation
- Experience preparing and proofing statistical tables
- Six months Experience using SAS
- Education may be substituted for experience
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page o Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ 23.31 to 26.29