Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Data and Account Analyst-Business Systems Analyst (210071)
- State of Kansas-Department of Administration, Office of Accounts and Reports
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 22, 2023Closed
The Department of Administration, Office of Accounts and Reports (OAR), provides for the central statewide financial policy, financial reporting, auditing, federal reporting, internal controls reviews, SHARP (statewide payroll) and SMART (statewide accounting) systems, debt collections, municipal services, and is comprised of three Sections and 12 Teams. Additional information about our organization may be found at: http://www.admin.ks.gov/offices/accounts-reports.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
This is professional financial accounting and/or financial systems work applying knowledge, principles, theories, and concepts to complex central and agency fiscal organizations and central financial and related systems and integrations to ensure an effective, responsive, and agile statewide control environment. Work includes reviewing and analyzing operating procedures, reconciling accounts, interpreting and directing application of policies and guidelines related to internal controls (both manual and system/automated), as well as assessing, documenting and reporting risks and findings, and communicating recommendations for operational improvements.
This position requires extensive knowledge of the U.S. GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government (Green Book), and other governing bodies, accounting and auditing doctrines, theories, concepts, terminology and practices, and system controls and integrations in order to:
- Develop, establish, maintain, and communicate the state’s internal control policies, guidance, and best practices
- Assess risks and investigate effectiveness of internal controls to identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies, and operational issues at the agency or statewide level
- Establish a risk rating system to assess and inform actions to improve the control environment at the agency or statewide level
- Evaluate and communicate recommendations for enhanced controls and compliance measures to mitigate identified risks
This position recommends and assists with implementation and evaluation of new (or changes to existing) central and agency internal controls practices. In order to review and evaluate system controls, this position requires a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the statewide financial management Oracle/PeopleSoft system, sub and satellite systems and applicable statutes, regulations, and policies in addition to a thorough knowledge of the impact and effects system defects and transaction coding have on the general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers. Responsibilities for this work relate to primary duties based on requirements set forth in K.S.A. 75-3728 et.seq.
- Four years of experience in professional accounting or business analyst work.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Education in accounting, business administration, finance, business information systems or a related field may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or business information systems.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in development and analysis of manual and system internal controls.
- Functional and/or technical experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft Financial systems.
- Strong communication skills including experience in development and execution of training presentations.
- Experience with the Microsoft O365 software suite with strong Excel skills.
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (210071) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Kim Warren – [email protected] or 785-296-4770
$ $55,000 to $65,000