Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Data Research Analyst
- Kansas Department of Commerce
Posted: Jul 27, 2023Open
Provides research, analysis and information in support of business recruitment projects as required, including support of Requests of Information (RFIs). Utilize software programs and tools, such as D & B Hoovers, Emsi, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Esri etc. to conduct market research as it pertains to ongoing agency projects. Compile demographic, economic and fiscal data relating to various research projects focused on key and targeted economic development sectors.
Supports business recruitment staff with production and maintenance of information products (i.e., topical profiles, web page content, project-related presentations using Keynote or PowerPoint, international investment directory, maps, etc.)
Assists the agency and the data and research team in maintaining data standards and access as well as other data team responsibilities pertaining to the agency. Works with the data and research team to mee the needs of the agency through collaboration on agency projects while specializing in the Business Division’s needs.
Provides research and information as needed to support community partners’ economic development efforts and to respond to general inquiries.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field required; In addition, the following attributes are essential:
- Proficiency in PC based systems, competent in all methods of accessing, manipulating, and storing data.
- Proficiency in Keynote and/or PowerPoint and ability to comprehend and implement other presentation software.
- Proficiency in GIS mapping or ability to comprehend and implement the system.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple projects and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate strategic problem-solving skills.
- Attentive to detail and extremely quality conscious.
- Must be highly organized and committed to provide accurate information with emphasis on detail.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the State of Kansas application through the Careers portal.
$ 60,000 to 72,000