Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Deputy Secretary of Business
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 02, 2023Open
Provides innovative leadership and responsive oversight of the programs, staff and operations of the following Business Development Teams for the lead economic development agency in Kansas.
- Existing Business Retention and Expansion
- Domestic Business Recruitment, and
- Business Finance Programs
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Develops critical relationships and works collaboratively with, as well as seeks feedback from, local and regional economic development professionals and organizations to grow, diversify and expand the Kansas economy and rebuild the image of Kansas. Advises the Secretary and Administration regarding policy to improve the Return on Investment (ROI) of the State’s business incentives.
Drives internal administrative improvements to create program delivery efficiencies for constituents. Serves on the Secretary’s Leadership Team. Prepares and strategizes including enhancements to the Business Development Division budget and has approval authority of all division expenditures. Tracks expenditures against budget to ensure alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six years’ experience in Business Development
- Ability to manage a diverse and geographically disbursed team and ensure coordination across all programs.
- Employs a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates trusted leadership internally and externally.
- Innovative, creative self-starter
- Ability to delegate and monitor progress of delegated work.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the State of Kansas application through the Careers portal.