Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Director of Communications, Marketing & Community Relations
- LMH Health
- Lawrence (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 06, 2023Closed
The Director of Communications, Marketing & Community Relations is responsible for implementation of the strategic communications plan, including marketing campaigns, physician relations objectives and community engagement activities conducted on behalf of LMH Health and its affiliated organizations, in a manner consistent with the hospital’s purpose, commitment, cultural beliefs and strategic plan of the hospital.
In conjunction with members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Director collaborates in the review and construction of strategic proposals that advance the hospital’s strategic position.
- Plans, implements and evaluates communications and marketing efforts for hospital programs and services and associated organizations based on the hospital strategic plan, short- and long-range program goals, and service and facilities needs of the hospital.
- Develops, implements and evaluates annual strategic marketing plan to maintain and gain market share and reduce outmigration with appropriate metrics to measure initiatives deployed and report return on investment.
- Prepares and manages budgets for the Marketing and Communications department and recommends and monitors marketing budgets for other departments and affiliated physician practices.
- Leads discussions surrounding environmental/competitive market assessment, including analysis of demographic, utilization and competitive threats, and proactively analyze national healthcare trends/activities for potential market impact.
- Oversees development of positive traditional and social media relations and manages the publicity function for the hospital, its services and affiliated organizations.
- Serves as Public Information Officer and spokesperson for the hospital. Serves as the board-designated Freedom of Information Act Officer to respond to public records requests within the requirements of Kansas statutes.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive brand strategy and serves as brand steward
- In conjunction with the CEO, maintains contact with local, state and federal elected officials as appropriate to further develop supportive and productive relationships. Actively participate in KHA to gain insight on legislation that may impact the health system and report on those updates to appropriate members of Senior Leadership.
- Oversees development and promotion of community relations opportunities, including responsibility for developing policies and implementing programs. Supervises community education and engagement team lead, ensuring engagement of staff and affiliates in these activities, which include but are not limited to community education, community presentations, and sponsorships of community events and organizations.
- Supervises the physician liaison to ensure partnership with community-based providers and administrative and clinical staff to develop and implement programs that promote health and access to health.
- Coordinates or conducts market research studies to gain qualitative or quantitative data.
- Hires, orients, evaluates, supervises, and terminates Marketing and Communications staff. Provides leadership development for staff.
- Recommends and monitors communication policies and procedures for the organization.
- Works effectively and independently with various levels of clinical and administrative managers and employees within the hospital and with physicians, community leaders, media representatives and the public.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Five years of experience in Marketing and Public Relations
- Knowledge of effective marketing communications, media relations, community relations as they relate to hospital operations.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service, solid interpersonal skills and presentation skills, excellent planning and organization skills as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field.
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences with strong listening skills and ability to probe for appropriate insights and information in conversations.
- Computer graphics experience