Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Director of Research
- Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council
- Indianapolis (Full-Time)
Posted: Dec 06, 2023Closed
The Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council (the IPAC) seeks qualified applicants to join its staff as the Director of Research.
The IPAC is an independent judicial branch agency that assists in the coordination of the duties of the prosecuting attorneys of the state and their staffs. The IPAC is mandated by I.C. 33-39-8-5(2) to “[p]repare manuals of procedure” for prosecutors. The IPAC Director of Research is responsible for the oversight and production of IPAC’s publications.
The IPAC Director of Research:
- Updates and organizes IPAC manuals, keeping them current and in step with statutory and case law developments, including the Prosecuting Attorneys’ Handbook, the Trial Handbook, Juvenile Manual, Ethics Manual, Habitual Offender Handbook.
- Coordinates with the Attorney General’s staff on the Death Penalty and Life Without Parole Trial Handbook.
- Analyzes and tracks relevant case law.
- Writes, publishes, and disseminates the IPAC Case Notes newsletter.
- Provides support and assistance to prosecutors with difficult research questions.
- Provides training to prosecutors as requested at conferences, seminars and webinars.
- Reviews proposed legislation impacting prosecutors and criminal law and assists in drafting proposed statutes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have excellent research and writing skills. Prior criminal law and/or appellate clerkship experience is preferred.
About the Position:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans and accrued leave. The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
A resume and writing sample may be submitted by December 29, 2023, to Chief of Staff Robin Bischof: [email protected]