Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Environmental Database Manager (209971)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 16, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has an Environmental Database Manager opening in Topeka. The Bureau of Water is looking for an individual to conduct the public notice and permit issuance portion of the wastewater and stormwater permitting process. The position will be in charge of tracking and preparing permits for public notice. Once off public notice the position will participate in finalizing the permit and issuing it through the State’s KEIMS database. The position will also participate in Bureau of Water’s processing of Kansas Open Records Act (KORA) requests. The position will receive KORAs and take charge of distributing the KORAs to the correct Sections within the Bureau and then coordinating the response back to the requester.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Drafting, tracking, and sending for issuance the public notice documents for wastewater and CAFO permits going through the issuance/renewal process.
Review, direct, and process KORA requests which come in for the entire BOW at large.
Processing of permit transfers and terminations on an as needed basis.
- Three years of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Querying capabilities, Access, Word, Excel Merging.
- NPDES permit knowledge.
- Knowledge of Kansas Open Records Act.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Adobe professional, KEIMS.
- Merging through various software’s.
- Knowledge of Records Retention.
- Understanding Public Notice processes and laws.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (209971) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $22.18 to $23.27