Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
- Indiana Cable & Broadband Association
- Indianapolis (Full Time)
Posted: Aug 01, 2023Closed
The successful candidate will have the skill set necessary to manage and direct all operations and affairs of the Indiana Cable & Broadband Association (ICBA), and the ability to work collaboratively under the direction of the ICBA’s Board of Directors and membership to develop and implement the Association’s short and long-term strategic policy and operational goals.
- Report to the Executive Committee
- Direct daily operations of the Association’s office
- Represent the Indiana Cable & Broadband Association with all state policymakers.
- Responsible for the attainment of legislative, regulatory and public affairs, membership service, growth, and participation goals of the Association.
- Assist NCTA, NCTC, ACA and SCTE personnel in federal affairs activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Administration of Association/Operations: Prepare Association budget, including monthly financials, plan the Association’s annual meeting, and collect member dues.
- PAC: Create and recommend a PAC fundraising proposal and plan annual fundraisers for the Association’s PAC
- Public and Community Relations: Serve as the primary spokesperson for media inquiries, assist members in interactions with the media and design public affairs/public relations strategy.
- Member Services: Maintain and grow the organization’s membership and create continuing education opportunities for operators and programmers
- Advocacy: Develop, implement, and coordinate the Association’s strategy for all state government programs and practices, including fostering the relationships with appropriate policymakers and state agencies and monitoring legislation and rulemaking. Maintain effective relationships with other state and third-party organizations and assist members in activating grassroots contacts with key local legislators.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; law-degree or Master of Public Administration preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of senior management experience and understanding of organizational management, general business management, state legislatures, public utility commissions and local government regulation.
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Board of Directors, members, staff, and lobbying team.
- Previous advocacy experience before regulatory and/or legislative bodies.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to the Indiana Cable & Broadband Association Search Committee at [email protected]. The deadline to apply is September 1, 2023.