Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Government Relations Director Sr.
- Elevance Health
- Indianapolis (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 17, 2023Open
Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model (virtual and office) with PulsePoint sites used for collaboration, community, and connection, with the minimum in-office commitment being 1-2 days in an office per week.
Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advocate enterprise and large state specific legislative and regulatory positions in the most complex legislative and/or regulatory environments, directing and overseeing the resolution of most highly complex, varied and sensitive political issues within the region, and may have federal or multi-state responsibility. Also responsible for enterprise business development and retention which includes supporting new business growth within existing markets, as well as new market (or customer) opportunity development.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives, which may include serving as the lead business owner for the rate setting process with state regulators; establishing and implementing proactive strategies to bring new products or extensions of current products to market; monitoring market databases and product review to analyze opportunities.
- Represents the enterprise and its specific businesses in advocacy efforts. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with legislators, regulators, other policymakers, and their staff that will support membership growth. Develops strategies for utilizing PAC and/or corporate political contributions.
- Partners with SBUs and CEEs to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern.
- Makes internal and external written and oral presentations on behalf of the company.
- Develops coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
- Manages budgets and issues of importance to the enterprise and contracted lobbying staff and may act as a team lead. Serves as a leader in trade associations and other advocacy organizations to influence their positions, tactics, and strategies to support enterprise goals.
- Generally, works with legislative sessions of 6 months or longer and/or in the most complex legislative and/or regulatory environments.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 10 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. FOR MEDICAID: Experience working with Medicaid business, including products, regulatory issues, future trends in the delivery and financing of health care services in the public sector managed care environment
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.