Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Human Resources Support Specialist
- Kansas Department of Labor
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Oct 06, 2023Closed
A detailed outline of the duties and responsibilities for the role.
Position Overview: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Human Resource Support Specialist to join our team at KDOL (Kansas Department of Labor). The ideal candidate will be instrumental in overseeing our comprehensive recruitment program, as well as our internship and job shadowing initiatives, and fostering a positive work environment through employee engagement programs. If you possess a genuine passion for recruitment, an eye for detail, and are known for your exceptional interpersonal skills, we want to hear from you.
- Manage KDOL’s comprehensive recruitment program.
- Research and recommend effective sources for talent acquisition, place job postings, and actively assist applicants throughout the hiring process.
- Oversee KDOL’s participation in career fairs, ensuring a strong presence and engagement with potential candidates.
- Draft and send letters employment letters.
- Conduct pre-employment background screenings.
- Track and analyze workforce data.
- Develop, facilitate, and implement an internship program.
- Oversee agency Job Shadowing program.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute employee engagement programs and activities.
- Three years of experience in professional human resources. Education in human resources or a related field may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- Excellent communication skills, decision making and problem-solving skills, and human resources experience.
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Upload these on the Careers – My Job Applications page
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
- Tax Clearance required upon offer of employment
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
Information for applicants who have additional questions about the role or the application process.
Lacie Worcester, [email protected] or 785-581-7313
Mailing Address: 401 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS 66603