Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
In-State Business Development Project Manager
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Douglas, Johnson, Shawnee or Wyandotte Counties (Full Time)
Posted: Jul 27, 2023Open
- Regularly meets with existing businesses in the East Central/KC Metro Region to help stimulate growth of the Kansas economy.
- Communicates with entrepreneurs, company executives and community leaders to help expand and retain business in Kansas.
- Provides technical expertise to in-state business prospects regarding the advantages of business retention and expansion.
- Prepares and presents written proposals to companies outlining the incentives available to them.
- Negotiates with companies on monies available and interact with agency decision makers in support of worthy projects.
- Plans, develops, and implements programs to guide the efforts of communities and local development officials for the purpose of retaining existing businesses, increasing national markets for local businesses, and revitalizing communities in Northeast Kansas.
- Represents the agency by attending a wide variety of economic development-related meetings, such as industry stakeholder meetings, economic development conferences and workshops as well as attends banquets and events in the region.
- Two years’ experience in economic development, business management or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or related field may be substituted for experience
- Candidate must live in or relocate to the East Central/KC Metro area
- Ability to travel
- Three to five years’ experience in delivering or working with economic development programs
- Two years’ experience in a non-retail sales environment
- Master’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field
- Knowledge of SalesForce or other customer relationship management systems
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the State of Kansas application through the Careers portal.
Angie Krahe, HR Recruiter: 785-291-3568
$ 58,240 to 62,400