Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Information Technology Examiner
- Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Topeka (Hybrid)
Posted: Jul 13, 2023Open
The Office of The State Bank Commissioner (OSBC) has a position opening for Information Technology Examiner. This position will be allowed to remote work when they are not examining a financial institution or needed at the field office for meetings.
The Information Technology Examiner will be responsible for conducting IT examinations of financial institutions regulated by the Office of the State Bank Commissioner. The IT Examiner will be responsible for
ensuring the financial institution’s IT and cybersecurity practices are sufficient to mitigate current industry risks and will consider policies, security plans, network diagrams, business impact analysis, risk profiles, and an institution’s independent security audits. At the conclusion of an examination, the IT Examiner will work closely with the rest of the exam team to prepare a written report and address findings with institution IT staff and management.
The IT Examiner will also serve as a subject matter expert for the agency in financial technology (“Fintech”) including cryptocurrency and work with the agency’s internal IT team as a resource for internal security
- Analyze and evaluate operational and technology risk management and assess cybersecurity risk.
- Utilize agency examination procedures to evaluate an entity’s business continuity programs, vulnerability assessments, vendor management, independently performed security audits, and security posture.
- Research and provide guidance for the agency in the areas of cryptocurrency and other Fintech developments.
- Assist in designing examination procedures and programs based on industry standards and best practices.
- Maintain strong knowledge of financial and regulatory environments.
- Lead and participate in examinations of financial institutions regulated by the OSBC.
- Prepare a written report of findings as part of the exam team’s report of examination. When necessary, conduct presentations to a financial institution’s management team, IT staff, and/or board of directors.
- Assist internal IT team to provide cybersecurity guidance including internal audits, risk assessments, and policy creation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or equivalent education/experience in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or IT Auditing.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to travel with some overnight travel required.
How to Apply: Everyone must apply online through the state’s Careers portal at http://jobs.ks.gov and follow the online directions for required documents, etc.
Contact: Cheryl Butler @ [email protected]