Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
KEES Business Analyst (207486)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 04, 2023Closed
The KEES Business Analyst position (K0236166) within the Division of Health Care Finance in Topeka is hiring. Works with business program teams to understand the details of enhancement requests and document requirements. Coordinates with the KEES contractor to estimate work effort for requirements, create change requests, and translate requirements into design for approved change requests. Guides business program teams through the design review and approval process.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Acts as a subject matter expert for medical and/or human services program eligibility determination. Understands business processes and advises on the fit of proposed system design to those business processes. Traces requirements and validates that requirements are met by proposed design.
Coordinates with the KEES training team to relay system changes and provides necessary information as an input to training development. Coordinates with the testing team to provide requirement inputs for the creation of test scenarios. Assists with system implementation activities, including communication and smoke testing.
- 1 year in a business analyst role or comparable software requirements management experience. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (207486) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ 22.16 to 25.68