Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
KEES Help Desk Technician (210299)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 06, 2023Closed
The KEES Help Desk Technician (K0236127) Provides Tier 2 troubleshooting as necessary to resolve data issues and/or system functional problems, escalating problems not resolved to the KEES Technical Staff and/or KEES Contractor. Leverages ServiceNow ticketing system to document and work user reported incidents. Documentation of incidents includes capturing technical details and steps to reproduce the error and accurately assigning ticket attributes. Users may report incidents related to either medical or human services programs in KEES via an 800 number or by opening a ticket through ServiceNow. Help Desk analysts will promptly answer 800 number calls and document tickets reported by phone, self-assign tickets in ServiceNow to research and troubleshoot according to priority and urgency, and work with the KEES Contractor as necessary to promptly resolve the incident ticket or open a defect ticket for the KEES Contractor to resolve. Tier 2 troubleshooting will require excellent written and verbal communication skills, a courteous and professional demeanor, the ability to prioritize and respond urgently, and knowledge of State of Kansas Health and Human Services programs.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Coordinates with KEES enhancement and support teams to communicate system changes and downtime to end users and to resolve system defects. Assists the KEES testing team with the development of test cases for defect fixes. Coordinates with the KEES training team to document and communicate workarounds to known defects. Works directly with the KEES application support team and the KEES Contractor to schedule defects into releases. Sets expectations for timing of issue resolution with end users based on defect fix release schedules and communicates when defects are fixed. Sends system outage notifications to end users in the event of both planned and unplanned downtime. Represents the interests of KEES end users when prioritizing defects for resolution. Assists the KEES help desk supervisor in creating status reporting on incidents and defects.
- 12 months of experience using KEES in either Medical or Non-Medical Program administration.
- Successful completion of the KEES computer-based training curriculum and demonstrated proficiency with KEES and KEES ImageNow.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Information Technology, Public Policy
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple competing priorities at once
- Ability to coach and mentor system users in completing complex tasks
- Ability to learn new business processes and systems
- 1+ years’ experience determining Medical program eligibility or Non-Medical program eligibility
- Experience with ServiceNow or comparable ticketing system
- 1+ years’ experience utilizing the Kansas Eligibility Enforcement System (KEES) to determine benefits
- 1+ years providing support to users of a complex business system
- 5 years’ experience with use of a computer
- 1+ years’ experience utilizing the KS Eligibility Enforcement System to determine Non-Med benefits
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (210299) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page