Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Municipal Services Team Lead (210423)
- State of Kansas, Department of Administration, Office of Accounts and Reports
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Sep 22, 2023Open
As a Municipal Services team lead with the Office of Accounts and Reports (OAR) you will be part of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced, hybrid learning environment to drive the business of the State of Kansas forward by providing analysis, support, and guidance to ensure compliance.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
The unique statewide role of the Office of Accounts and Reports allows you to grow professionally by:
- Developing an expertise in Kansas municipal finance, budget and audit guidelines to act as a resource to internal and external customers, including Kansas municipalities by providing necessary resources and training.
- Recognizing and effecting needed changes to problematic policies and agreements and communicating with entities to work toward resolution of identified issues.
Option for a hybrid work schedule (2 days remote/3 days in-office) upon meeting telework program requirements
Flex-time work schedule
- Four years of experience in planning, organizing, and directing the work of a department, program, or agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Education in accounting, business administration, finance, business information systems or a related field may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Licensing & Certification:
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or legal studies.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in professional accounting, auditing and/or legal research.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) including experience in development and execution of training presentations.
- Experience with reading, interpreting, and implementing federal or state statutes.
In addition to the State of Kansas employment benefits, OAR offers the following:
- Option for a hybrid work schedule (2 days remote/3 days in-office) upon meeting telework program requirements
- Flex-time work schedule
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (210423) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Kim Warren: [email protected] or : 785-296-4770
$ $65,000 to $75,000