Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
PeopleSoft Business Systems Analyst (209642)
- Kansas Department of Administration
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 26, 2023Closed
As a Business Systems Analyst on the Payroll Processing Team within the Office of Accounts and Reports (OAR) this position will be part of a team of subject matter experts supporting timely and accurate payroll processing and reporting for State of Kansas employees. The team utilizes the State of Kansas PeopleSoft HCM application known as SHARP (Statewide Human Resource and Payroll System), which includes the Payroll for North America, Time and Labor and Candidate Gateway functional areas.
The position will have primary responsibility for payroll adjustments, interfacing agency processing, and maintenance for financial transactions.
This position will also develop professional skills in the following areas:
- Validating critical SHARP integration points with other State and third-party applications
- Verifying and reconciling payroll processing, including identifying and resolving both interface and accounting issues
- Supporting state agencies in reconciling, adjusting, monitoring and reviewing complex financial transactions
- Managing banking transactions, including ACH and Check returns, file transmittals and cancellations
- Administering garnishments
- Performing statewide reconciliation
- Processing W-2 forms
- Monitoring employee telework for tax implications
- Creating transactions in the Statewide Management, Accounting & Reporting Tool (PeopleSoft FSCM)
- Maintaining payroll-related information on the agency website
Three years of previous experience in professional payroll and/or business systems analyst work. Education in accounting, business administration, finance, management information systems or related field may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Experience using PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.0 or higher. Background in payroll processing strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business and/or accounting.
In addition to the State of Kansas employment benefits, OAR offers the following:
- Option for a hybrid work schedule (2 days remote/3 days in-office) upon meeting telework program requirements
- Flex-time work schedule within established core office hours
How to Apply:
Position is open until filled. Apply online: https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
$ 52,000 to 65,000