Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Political Affairs Coordinator
- NAMIC Insurance Agency
- Indianapolis (Full Time, Hybrid)
Posted: Aug 25, 2023Closed
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a Political Affairs Coordinator in its Washington D.C. office. This position works with the AVP of Political Involvement Programs on all aspects of NAMIC’s political programs, to include the association’s political action committee NAMIC PAC, and all grassroots advocacy programs.
- Responsible for administrative processes of NAMIC’s political involvement programs including data entry, database management, recordkeeping, and materials.
- Manages and administers recognition process for all NAMIC PAC Supporters on a regular basis.
- Manages process of tracking NAMIC PAC disbursements and budget.
- Researches election information as needed regarding federal and state political races.
- Administers member company assistance in collecting contributions and hosting fundraisers for NAMIC PAC.
- Organizes and maintains data management record keeping for grassroots fly-in program.
- Responsible for all grassroots fly-in preparation for in-house meetings to include name tags, briefing and Capitol Hill meeting materials, in-house briefing prep set-up.
- Contributes and assists in advocacy website content management.
- Contributes and assists with advocacy action alerts both external and internal to include tracking and reporting participation statistics.
- Creates, develops, and generates grassroots reports as needed.
- Contributes and assists with tracking and recognizing grassroots involvement champions.
- Responsible for staffing political involvement activities at NAMIC’s Annual Convention and other meetings as needed.
- Work experience within the political arena, particularly with political action committees, lobbying organizations, grassroots programs, Capitol Hill, or political campaigns ideal.
- Association work experience is a plus.
- Experience in software systems that support political involvement programs is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and event planning experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the political process and how to work effectively with elected leaders.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background and MVR check.
How to Apply: