Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Presumptive Eligibility Coordinator (209639)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 27, 2023Closed
Our agency is led by Secretary Janet Stanek, who was appointed by Gov. Kelly in Dec 2021. KDHE is comprised of three divisions: Public Health, Environment, and Health Care Finance (which includes the State’s Medicaid program, KanCare). We are the only agency in the nation to have these three entities under one roof which allows us to take a holistic approach to improving and protecting the health and well-being of all Kansans.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has multiple Presumptive Eligibility Coordinator openings statewide. These positions are remote. This position serves as coordinator for the Presumptive Eligibility Program. Plans, manages, and coordinates onboarding of new PE entities. Coordinates training for new entities. Provide instructions and guidance to entities to facilitate accurate and timely determinations. Coordinate with KEES, KMMS the Clearinghouse and other entities to ensure smooth operation of the PE program.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Monitors and tracks performance measures for each PE Entity. Provides feedback to the PE entities and KDHE program staff regarding performance outcomes of the entities. Initiates and recommends corrective action for individual entities.
Provides general program support. For example, provides input on policy and process decision outside of own specific functions. Participates in unit meetings, KEES design, and development sessions and special projects.
- One year of experience in planning implementing and monitoring activities relevant to the agency’s programs. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (209639) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ 20.13 to 24.48