Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Public Policy Representative/Senior Public Policy Representative
- Sycamore Gas Company
- Indianapolis (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 17, 2023Open
Sycamore Gas Company is looking for a Public Policy Representative or Senior Public Policy Representative in the Indianapolis, IN area to strategically support the company’s legislative and regulatory efforts with state government officials, public utilities commission, and industry counterparts. This position reports to the SVP, Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations and is a great opportunity to work from home with up to 30% travel as needed.
- Establish and maintain favorable relationships with state government officials, public utilities commission, and industry counterparts.
- Ensure promotion and delivery of a positive company image.
- Initiate proactive lobbying of state legislation.
- Provide guidance to staff and company management concerning key state public policy and legislative issues.
- Identify emerging legislative and regulatory issues.
- Work closely with state governments, public utilities commission, and company management to identify and ensure awareness of legislative and/or policy issues that affect the company.
- Facilitate meetings and positive interactions between company management and state government officials, public utilities commission, and industry counterparts to promote and enhance relationships and understanding.
- Research public policy matters and regulatory proceedings.
- Conduct peer company benchmarking.
- Assist with writing assignments, legislative position statements, talking points, presentations, and other communications used externally.
- Monitor and report on regulatory proceedings and legislative hearings.
- Provide direction and assistance to company Public Policy personnel in other states.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Communication, Public Policy, English, or Government Affairs preferred. Other degrees acceptable. Combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- 1 year of experience working with state government officials and/or public utilities commissions required.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and/or public utility regulatory processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leaders and representatives of state governments and public utilities commission.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with state governments and public utilities commission.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that accomplish organization goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple activities, resources, and time.
- Ability to partner with and have a complete understanding of internal company operations.
- Demonstrated skill in managing and/or leading others preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Knowledge of natural gas utility industry preferred.
About the Company
Sycamore Gas Company is one of the great companies a part of Hope Utilities. Hope Utilities, formerly Hearthstone, is a rapidly growing natural gas distribution company proudly providing service to more than 227,000 residential, industrial, and commercial customers in six states. Hope Utilities is headquartered in Morgantown in the beautiful Mountain State of West Virginia with over 750 dedicated employees that serve their communities.
Learn more at: neogas.com and HopeUtilities.com.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- government relations: 1 year (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: In person
$ $62,000 to $92,000