Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Public Service Administrator II (210862)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 01, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Public Service Administrator II opening in Topeka. This position reconciles cash and checks received to deposit tickets and processes agency receipts for deposit with the State Treasurer’s Office in the Statewide Management Accounting and Reporting Tool (SMART) system daily. Deposit tickets are date stamped upon receipt and processed within five business days from the date received. Completed deposit tickets are returned to the bureaus daily. Communicates as needed with division fiscal staff and/or bureau staff to determine the correct receipt category and to resolve any errors or discrepancies. Prepares deposit in SMART to process checks returned due to insufficient funds or closed accounts. Enters appropriate funding and program information to ensure the returned check is charged back to the appropriate program. Returned checks are submitted to the appropriate program or bureau for collection. Assists the Director in the development and implementation of agency policies and procedures related to receipt processing.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Provides oversight of agency credit card transactions as well as guidance to agency programs in the establishment and/or set up of Merchant IDs and credit card terminals. Retrieves transaction information created in SMART by the State Treasurer’s Office for all credit card receipts and fees. Transactions are matched to the appropriate Merchant ID using credit card deposit tickets and funds are then transferred from the clearing fund to the appropriate agency fund. Credit card transaction and fee statements are scanned and filed electronically on agency shared drive for access and reference by bureaus. Trains and/or assists agency staff in the use of the First Data portal used for processing credit card transactions.
Receives and processes receipts received via ACH or wire transfer reconciling amounts to the appropriate deposit date and ticket to ensure that funds are deposited to the appropriate fund and bureau.
- One year of experience in providing direction necessary to implement the objectives of an agency, program, or organizational unit.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- At least one year of experience working with the Statewide Management Accounting and Reporting Tool (SMART) including funding and chart fields.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Please include the Job ID number (210862) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
- Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $20.13 to $25.24