Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Public Service Executive (210817)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 01, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Public Service Executive opening in Topeka. This position provides oversight of the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA) responses for the Division of Environment. The position will be responsible for tracking and ensuring all KORA requests are completed within the mandatory time requirements. The position will interact with the person making the KORA request, providing notification of receipt, and coordinating responses.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Directs activity of environmental compliance assistance programs for the Division. Develops and oversees the activities and funding of contractual services, work plans and strategic plans for the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program and Pollution Prevention Program. Prepares quarterly reports documenting program performance and activities and coordinates program funding. Facilitate communications between outside agencies and bureaus.
Develops and oversees environmental conference for the Division, including logistics and facility preparation, agenda development and coordination, solicitation of speakers, staffing, contracting of services and fund receipt and disbursement. Maintain a database of registrations for the environmental conference.
Two years of experience in planning and organizing the work of a department, program, or agency. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Please include the Job ID number (210817) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
- Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $23.27 to $25.70