Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Public Service Executive II (210624)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Oct 11, 2023Closed
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Public Service Executive II (K0241483) Managing the 1115 waiver and the 1915(b) waiver. This would include but not be limited to writing and submitting all quarterly and annual reports, writing, and submitting amendments, interaction with KanCare MCOs, interaction with sister state agencies, interaction with the public and stakeholders, interaction with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, researching and ensuring the State adheres to all governing federal laws.
Managing the seven 1915(c) waivers. This would include but not be limited to reviewing and submitting all 372 reports, reviewing, and submitting evidence packages, reviewing, and submitting amendments, interaction with KanCare MCOs, interaction with sister state agencies, interaction with the public and stakeholders, interaction with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, researching and ensuring the State adheres to all governing federal laws.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Educating and supervising staff regarding the 1115, 1915(b) and 1915(c) waivers. This would include but not be limited to understanding the services in each 1915(c) waiver, monitoring, and auditing the KanCare MCOs in partnership with the sister agency in the delivery and documentation of the 1915(c) waivers, remediation of all quality review findings, ensure all policies, provider manuals and MCOs practices are the same.
Supervising the Policy Implementation Team.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Two years of experience in planning, organizing, and directing the work of a department, program, or agency. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- This position requires Medicaid knowledge and experience with the State of Kansas Medicaid program.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- Medicaid experience at the state or federal level.
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $26.98 to $34.42