Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Regulatory Compliance Coordinator (203099)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 16, 2023Closed
The position (K0229860) Applies survey knowledge and skills in the analysis of health facility survey performance with the appropriate survey techniques and citation of deficiencies consistent with federal and state regulations and makes recommendations to the Program Manager(s) for Acute & Continuing Care regarding appropriate actions necessary to maintain accuracy and consistency of the survey process.
Answers calls and responds to emails from surveyors regarding different aspects of the survey process. Receives collaborative call from the Team Leader during the decision-making phase of the survey to determine that non-compliance/compliance is justified. Maintains availability to assist surveyor(s) in determining Immediate Jeopardy (IJ) and ensures that a discussion is held with the Program Manager(s) and or Director Health Facilities Program and the CMS Regional office prior to an IJ being called. Available to answer questions and help surveyors with wording the deficiencies when needed. Participate in surveys and/or observe surveyors during survey when needed and when time permits.
Provides feedback to individual surveyors for needed corrections and re-submission of CMS 2567s based on the QA results reported by the Program Manager(s). The feedback will be specific enough to assist the surveyor in improving their writing and investigative skills.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: Reviews all Plans of Correction (POC) submitted by facilities, contacting surveyors to clarify questions and with the facilities when the POC is not adequate to meet the regulations or further clarification is needed. Provides feedback to providers where improvements are needed in the POC and assist providers in meeting expectations in POCs. Work within and remain abreast of changes in ASPEN or IQIES data system for CMS documentation of survey reports and provider-submitted Plans of Correction.
Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Kansas.
- Must have experience as an RN Health Facility Surveyor with knowledge of State and Federal survey and certification requirements for Acute and Continuing Care and or with Long Term Care provider types.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Kansas.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Conflict resolution
- Fact finding/research.
- Experience as an RN Health Facility Surveyor with knowledge of State and Federal survey and certification requirements for Acute and Continuing Care and or with Long Term Care provider types.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $26.90 to $35.00