Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
back to capitol job search
- CenterPoint Energy
- Indianapolis, IN
Posted: Oct 10, 2023Closed
A detailed outline of the duties and responsibilities for the role.
CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Regulatory Manager to join our Government Affairs Team, located in Indianapolis, IN. You will have the ability to: manage the development and implementation of CenterPoint Energy’s regulatory strategy for Indiana and Ohio. Serve as CenterPoint Energy’s primary liaison to the public utilities commissions. Support the development, management and prosecution of rate and other regulatory proceedings.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Subsidized metro and parking discounts
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Manage the development and execution of regulatory policies and strategies to support CNP’s corporate objectives, in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, including colleagues in Legal, Government Affairs, Operations, Rates and Customer Service.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with and external stakeholders, including regulators, regulatory commission staff, consumer counselor and their staffs, other utilities and relevant associations.
- Serve as CNP’s primary liaison with regulatory staff. -Provide real-time updates on company events to the regulatory commissions.
- Respond to commission requests on behalf of the company. -Keep internal stakeholders abreast of significant regulatory filings by other jurisdictional utilities.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of colleagues’ meetings with the commissions on various topics. -Prepare agendas for CNP meetings with Commissioners.
- Participate in the development of recommendations to CNP leadership on the need, timing and content of general rate cases and major filings in support of CNP’s corporate strategy.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of miscellaneous and compliance filings, to help ensure CNP’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide advice and consultation to regional management on key rate and regulatory matters that directly or indirectly impact CNP and or the business environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of various regulatory recovery mechanisms and rate designs. -Support legislative policy in collaboration with Government Affairs.
- Assist with FERC activity relating to natural gas matters.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working for a regulated utility or relevant work experience in the energy industry.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in at least two of the following: Rates and regulatory matters Creating and maintaining relationships with regulatory bodies Legal, rates, operations, sales and/or accounting experience in the energy industry or a working, knowledge of regulatory authorities Rate and/or regulatory submissions Direct interaction with regulatory authorities in Indiana or Ohio
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
How to Apply
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Submit an application via the following link: https://cnp.taleo.net/careersection/5/jobdetail.ftl?job=VVC00552&lang=en