Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Senior Administrative Specialist (210890)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Nov 01, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Senior Administrative Specialist opening in Topeka. This position provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Bureau of Facilities and Licensing office and program activities.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Answers phone calls, emails, relays messages, schedules meetings and coordinates program activities using polite and professional communication skills. Carries out administrative duties such as filing, copying, scanning, faxing and organization of documents. Assists staff in ways that optimizes processes and procedures. Create and update forms used within the program and ensures ADA compliance, accuracy and validity of information. Maintains tracking of program fleet cars, computer equipment and related devices and supplies assigned to program staff and other tracking as identified. Perform other duties as assigned including serving as a member of the KDHE Disaster Response Team as needed to assure the agency’s public and environmental health response is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and/or acts of terrorism.
- Three years of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- High School, GED
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Familiarity with survey, licensure, and/or certification process.
- Some experience in clerical support in health care setting or regulatory office with ability to work in an organized and self-directed manner.
- Comfortable making independent decisions with a sense of good judgment.
- Create/modify formulas in Excel.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to focus on tasks and concentrate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Please include the Job ID (K0244574) number when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
- Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ $15.03 to $17.00