Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
State Survey Training Coordinator (209874)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 08, 2023Closed
The position (K0237267): This position will primarily administer and coordinate all day-to-day training and precepting to health facility and Life Safety Code surveyors to ensure regulatory compliance with all Federal and State licensure and certification regulations for Acute and Continuing Care providers and suppliers under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Facilities and Licensing. Furthermore, this position will participate as a Health Facility Surveyor, in order to conduct licensure, certification and survey activities in licensed and certified health care facilities, This position must understand the complexities of the health care spectrum as it interacts with providers and suppliers across the State.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary responsibilities for the State Survey Training Coordinator (SSTC) is to prepare new employee(s) to assume the responsibilities of a health facility surveyor (HFS) and provide a program of continued education and training in the Acute and Continuing Care program to ensure a knowledgeable and skilled staff in the survey process and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) regulations as well as applicable State regulations.
The SSTC is responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, conducting and evaluating all CMS training programs, annual refresher training, in-services and on-the-job training preceptor programs for HFS.
The SSTC ensures HFS are effectively trained in the core and specialty competencies required for their position for acute and continuing care facility types; ensures accurate records of training are maintained and provides support and guidance to participants in distance education and training programs as determined necessary.
The SSTC utilizes the CMS training plans in the Quality, Safety and Education Portal (QSEP) as basic curriculum for training and guidance on health care facility regulations.
- Three years of experience in regulatory compliance, facility surveying, quality improvement, or professional work in a health care setting or regulatory agency. One year of this experience must have involved responsibility for directing and coordinating the work of a group of surveyors during on-site health care surveys.
- The desired candidate should have experience conducting surveys at health care facilities and community-based programs. He/she should also have experience supervising surveyors and overseeing a program or organization’s compliance to documented rules and regulations.
- Nurse graduates must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Kansas
- Ability to communicate effectively; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to plan and organize the new employee onboarding experience; facilitate program and activities.
- Ability to plan and evaluate training activities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in standard desktop applications, including all Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must be proficient in using an enterprise learning management system.
- Requires detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow-up and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Proficient spelling, sentence structure
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or University in nursing, adult education, human resource development or other health related field
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or University in nursing
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (209874) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $28.31 to $31.22