Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Trauma Registry Coordinator (209001)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 27, 2023Closed
Our agency is led by Secretary Janet Stanek, who was appointed by Gov. Kelly in Dec 2021. KDHE is comprised of three divisions: Public Health, Environment, and Health Care Finance (which includes the State’s Medicaid program, KanCare). We are the only agency in the nation to have these three entities under one roof which allows us to take a holistic approach to improving and protecting the health and well-being of all Kansans.
The Department of Public Health/ Bureau of Community Health Systems is hiring a Trauma Registry Coordinator position (K0226067). This position will monitors and assists in resolving software problems with central site registry vendor, serves as registry vendor liaison, performs routine data analysis to ensure data quality and validation, standardizes and implements data collection and reporting functions, maintains and updates the trauma registry data dictionary annually and as needed, works with senior epidemiologist to identify data issues that need to be addressed at Advisory Committee on Trauma and subcommittee meetings, maintains user names and passwords for users of the trauma registry and other secure websites, maintains contact log-in database, maintains current relevant policies and procedures for use/access of the trauma registry, ensures the smooth functioning of the trauma registry and cultivates constructive relationships with the users for problem-solving effectiveness.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Resolves problems, answers questions, and provides information to facilitate the use of the Trauma Registry, coordinates trauma registry and report writer training events for new and experienced users, develops education for users of the trauma registry including objectives and training materials, provides initial instruction and technical assistance to trauma registry clientele, monitors and assists in resolving program application issues, communicates information shared, concerns received, resolutions or lack thereof to the appropriate groups, develops and updates program website content, maintains and updates program’s contact database. Plans and facilitates quarterly registry Users Group, assists in the planning and coordination of Policy Group and Advisory Committee on Trauma meetings, plans and facilitates annual Users Group workshop, plans and facilitates annual training provided by the registry vendor, including but not limited to coordination of meals and refreshments, obtaining purchase orders, distributing meeting materials, ensuring equipment is operational, speaker coordination, recording of meetings. Plans, facilitates, and coordinates Trauma Registry and Report Writer training events for new and experienced users including organization of training logistics (i.e., objectives, training material preparation, etc.), coordinates monthly meetings with the registry vendor, participates in Trauma Program and Bureau of Community Health Systems meetings, as directed.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- High School, GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Healthcare, Communication, or Information Systems. Experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring program activities may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems, Public or Healthcare Administration, Public Health.
- Experience in software application design or Microsoft Access database design
- Experience developing and coordinating programs with community organizations and partners
- Experience developing and presenting educational materials
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Meeting facilitation and public speaking
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (209001) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ 23.31 to 25.05