Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
UI Support Specialist (210684)
- Department of Labor
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Oct 06, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to provide vital support to the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Director. This role plays a critical part in ensuring the efficient operation of the UI Director’s office.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the UI Director.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports, and other documents.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for the UI Director.
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of the UI Director, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receive incoming communication or memos on behalf of the UI Director, review contents, determine importance, and summarize and/or distribute contents to appropriate staff.
- Perform office tasks, including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and basic bookkeeping.
- Coordinate responses to audits and track project deadlines for various UI programs.
- Handle confidential information and exhibit a high level of trust.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced and occasionally demanding environment.
- Knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Typing speed of a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Familiarity with the Unemployment Insurance Program and the Kansas Employment Security Law is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, with a willingness to learn new tools.
- High school diploma required.
- At least four years of related administrative experience required.
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
Application Deadline: October 18, 2023
Job ID 210684
Job Application Process:
- First Sign in or register as a New User.
- Complete or update your contact information on the Careers> My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed below for the Careers> My Job Applications page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete:
Upload these on the Careers – My Job Applications page
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
- Tax Clearance required upon offer of employment
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents”
Name: Lacie Worcester
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 401 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS 66603