Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Vaccine Operations Manager (209438)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Jul 21, 2023Closed
The Vaccine Operations Manager (K0242868) We are seeking an enthusiastic registered nurse with experience leading a team of professionals and managing health-related or public health programs. This position will provide oversight and direction for multiple vaccine programs, vaccine ordering, and distribution activities. Programmatic activities include developing and monitoring of grant deliverables; leading quality assurance activities; development of policies and procedures; working with internal and external customers; and ensuring staff competencies with program requirements. The ideal candidate must have a passion for public health, specifically preventing vaccine preventable diseases through promotion of immunizations. Must be willing to participate in and promote a collaborative and supportive environment. Supervision: Provide oversight and direction to staff working in the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program, adult immunization initiatives, special projects including state influenza clinics, and vaccine ordering/distribution activities. Prepares work assignments, sets performance objectives, develops standards, and conducts timely evaluation of assigned employees. Will develop plan for improvement if staff performance does not meet established goals. Informs supervisor of significant personnel matters. Will ensure staff are following agency policies as well as state and federal laws on infectious diseases. Will work to provide resources and tools that enable staff to complete position responsibilities while encouraging professional growth and development. Will encourage cross collaboration with KSWebIZ activities and education efforts to create a seamless program.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Program. Guides implementation of VFC requirements and adult immunization initiatives, assesses programmatic activities and progress in meeting grant/contract deliverables. Guides programmatic strategic planning and quality improvement activities for areas of responsibility. Assists in the timely development of the Immunization Program’s annual CDC Cooperative Agreement application, required progress reports and surveys needed to fulfill grant requirements. Completes reporting on contract deliverables in a timely and thorough manner. Ensures VFC and clinical policies and procedures are updated, maintained, and communicated to appropriate audience. Guides work to ensure vaccine purchasing, spend plans, and inventory are managed efficiently and within approved budget. Attend appropriate meetings and conferences. Collaboration. Participate in CDC conference calls specific to program responsibilities. Collaborate with other management staff to integrate and facilitate internal vaccine management operational quality improvement activities that promote program goals, meet grant and provider needs. Guide activities in the development of annual school requirements and VFC provider enrollment. Ensure communication of school requirements and annual VFC provider enrollment is developed in coordination with KSWebIZ staff and is communicated appropriately to stakeholders. Collaborate with KSWebIZ staff to review reports that will show progress towards meeting VFC program and provider requirements and contractual obligations. Be an active participant with coalitions and other stakeholders that promote vaccine coverage for all Kansans.
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
- Registered Nurse License
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Three years of experience in planning, organizing, and directing the work of others. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing (BSN)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail
- Leadership ability at administrative level
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, organized
- Public speaking ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate a wide range of professionals or group
- Experience in organizing, evaluating, and motivating work teams
- Knowledge of state of Kansas Reportable Infectious Diseases
- Management or supervisory experience
- Experience using graphics, relational databases, analytical software; public health management
- Public health program administration/planning/public management
- Nursing experience
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page o Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
$ 65,000 to 69,000