Stay ahead of the curve as a political insider with deep policy analysis, daily briefings and policy-shaping tools.Request a Demo
Viral Hepatitis Linkage to Care Coordinator (210111)
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Topeka (Full-Time)
Posted: Aug 24, 2023Closed
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has a Viral Hepatitis Linkage to Care Coordinator opening in Topeka. This position receives referrals for new diagnoses of Hepatitis C throughout the state and develop a linkage to care service plan using all available recourses. Identifies service gaps and work directly with clients referred to overcome any barriers to seeking and completing treatment for Hepatitis C. Monitors cases through to completion of treatment. Provides education to affected populations using a harm reduction standpoint. Highly LGBTQ+ friendly, join this diverse team!
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Develop an understanding of healthcare services, systems, and treatment resources such as drug manufacturer financial assistance programs. Develop close working relationships with internal team members and external agencies to ensure coordinated, comprehensive client services and to avoid duplication. Maintain communication between internal agency staff and external service providers for successful coordination of services.
Maintain client records by completing timely, clear, and concise documentation of client referrals, encounters, and delivery of linkage to care service plan in secure database. Collects and reports statistical data on an ongoing basis.
Function as a team member of Viral Hepatitis Program, participate on the Viral Hepatitis Elimination Advisory Council, collaborate with Epidemiology Medical Investigator, Viral Hepatitis Nurse Consultant and Health Education Consultant.
The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Health, Human Services, Sociology, or related field. Work experience or lived experience may be substituted for education as determined relevant by the agency.
Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Driver’s License – Incumbent is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license when operating a state vehicle, a private vehicle, or a rental vehicle for the benefit of the State.
Any additional skills, experiences, or qualifications that would be beneficial, but aren’t strictly necessary.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Proofreading, editing, attention to detail.
- Case Management and Resource Referral.
- Knowledge of Hepatitis C, Infectious Diseases, STIs or HIV.
- Comfortable working with populations experiencing substance use disorder, housing instability, mental health crises, etc.
- Understanding of harm reduction theory.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
About the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (Flexible schedules available)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
How to Apply:
Specific instructions for applying, which might include submitting a resume, cover letter, list of references, or completing an online application.
- Please include the Job ID number (210111) when emailing.
Job Application Process: Only applications submitted within our State of Kansas Careers Portal will be considered.
- First Sign in or register as a New User at https://admin.ks.gov/offices/personnel-services/jobs
- Complete or update your contact information on the State of Kansas Careers Portal > My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed for each specific job posting.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
$ $22.16 to $23.86